Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tuition Free College ??? SC6 Puts You in Touch With Eight Places To Learn Without Spending $40k a Year.

Higher Education....Without The High Price Tag !!

I loved college !! I tell you, it was the best five years of my life. Don't laugh at me, it took five years because I kept transferring.. As great as it was, there is one part that always sucked - paying for it.

I got off easy. I busted my ass every Summer, and I ended up only owing $5000 when I graduated. Going to state school helps. Now, if you were lucky, you earned some scholarships to help pay for it. But, most people are not that fortunate. So, what's a poor student to do? Go to a school with NO TUITION...

I know what you're saying.. You're saying, "Reino, you've flipped your lid ! All colleges have to charge tuition. How else do they get paid?" Well, the facts are that there ARE colleges that don't charge for tuition. How? Well, most of them are private, and they were founded as part of a foundation, where the point was to create school that poorer kids can get a great education.

Maybe it's too late for some of us, but I'm sure there are some of you who have brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews or even kids ready to head off to college. So, if I can save you $40,000 a year, I've been a pretty good buddy, haven't I? You can send some of that money to me. My student loans may be paid off, but I have other bills, you know. Thanks to Mental Floss for the list...

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/22573

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike-great post. Before visiting your blog I read an article a/b Clemson students opposing Sanford's proposal to cap tuition. While tuition caps aren't perfect, the state needs to start addressing high tuition in state schools. Even the tech schools are no longer "free" with the lottery scholarships due to tuition hikes. BTW, I was a Giuliani man too. Great to know there are some real Pee Dee Republicans out there! Keep up the good fight!

Anonymous said...

go rudy