Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day...





I meant to get this out a little earlier today, but my laptop wasn't agreeable. I thought my Lithium battery finally peetered out, but it turns out that it was just the charger cable coming loose. Luckily, i didn't spend $150 at Batteries Plus before I figured this out....Anyway...




Once again, it's Valentine's Day - the one day when you remind the one you love how much you love them - by giving them flowers, chocolates, and take them out to dinner... In return, if you are lucky, you get sex. That's the only reason guys take part in this. Don't blame me if you don't like it - I saw the statistics on Dr. Phil yesterday...




Yeah, it's another Valentine's Day, and I'm still single, but I'm not as angry as it might sound... Last year was pretty rough. Being broke makes it hard to date or show anyone that you care about them. This year's been easier.. Truth be known, I'm one of the most tenderhearted guys you may ever run into. But compared to some, i've got work to do...




I got this months ago from Bobby, and I hadn't put it on my blog, because there wasn't a very appropriate time to use it. Except maybe for Valentine's Day. It's a few pictures of a pair of birds , taken by a photographer in the Ukraine....






The male bird has discovered that his mate has been mortally injured. He goes and attends to her and feeds her...













He comes back again and sees that she has died. He shakes her, and tries to help her...








Finally, he cries out and grieves over his loss....


The final line of this is what got me the most, and it probably best describes why I don't try to date women that I'm not really interested in.. "Love isn't finding someone to live with .... It's finding someone you can't live without."
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

should had cooked it

Anonymous said...

Wow, there's some good English.

Happy V-day Mike...a day late. I love ya, but not like that.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

What's wrong with my grammar? That's okay, I like skinny chicks...

earlcapps said...

I've got a friend who has a rule not to have a girlfriend between Halloween and Valentine's Day. This way he never has to worry about buying all the presents and gifts that come between the middle of November and the middle of February.

Pretty smart guy I think.