Monday, April 20, 2009

Go Pirates !! An ECU Girl Becomes Miss USA..


Like a Good ECU Girl, Kristen's Wearing Her Purple ....
Congrats to Kristen Dalton of Wilmington, NC and my old school , East Carolina University. This past weekend, she won the Miss USA Pageant. Why? Because she is smokin' .... It's pretty cool that a girl who went to the same school as me is now Miss USA.
Actually, the part of this story that mae me think about it was that she isn't the first Miss North Carolina USA that I know. I went to High School in Trinity with Tess Elliott, who became Miss North Carolina USA in 1992, I think. The thing I remmeber about Tess was that I was new to Trinity, and I didn't get my license yet. I would've rather been dead than be caught taking the bus, so I started walking the three miles from school back to my house.....
Tess pulls up next to me in her flat black Toyota, and she offers to ride me home. Pretty cool. I never really talked to her much after that, but little niceties like that stick with you, especially when you're the new guy.. Tragically, Tess died later on that year while still Miss North Carolina in a skydiving accident. Yeah, not a real pick me up ending here, but it's funny what things bring back memories of people..
.

2 comments:

mg said...

damn reino curse

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, I never thought about that ....