Saturday, April 25, 2009

SC6 Takes You to the Striped Bass Festival !

Greetings From Manning, Y'all !!!




I just got back, and it's right to the laptop I go to be the first to bring you the action from the 30th Striped Bass Festival - even before it's over ! The bad news was that I had to drive the truck, so I didn't get a ton of great shots, but we made up for it with quantity. I got a couple good ones, but the focus was to make you feel like you were there, so here we go ....






The Mayor of Manning, driving in a cop car. The Democrats - Making You Less Safe Whenever They Can !!







While this officer dazzles the crowd with his Segway spinout skills....







No Festival is complete without the kids fighting each other for free candy... or leftover Reino for Congress Pens !






..... Or a float full of pretty girls....







.... Or about 20 chicks riding motorcycles !!!







...and something that kinda looks like a motorcycle.








The smallest dog I've ever seen....








And the Biggest Tow Truck I've been around !!










Speaking of horsepower, here's Tommy Grimes having his picture taken with Secretariat .....







And wherever there are horses, there is Horse Poop.





Yes, it was HOT !!! As usual, everyone evades the heat under the shade trees at the Court House...








Don't ask me - I don't know what it is, I didn't try it, and I had no desire to do so.....





What is this? Are Tommy and Bill Bowers recruiting Democrat Rep. Cathy Harvin to switch sides??!! .... Nah, I doubt it.






2012 ? Hey, it's never too early to run for President....
.

8 comments:

Moye Graham said...

Thanks for coming and driving the truck. You did a terrific job doing that. Next year we are going to have you on the farm trailer we are planning. Really Dude we love having you down here with us.

earlcapps said...

I'll try to make it next year. Sorry for the convention conflict!

Anonymous said...

Moye--thanks for having Mike and myself down to Manning. This is my 3rd time in the Striped Bass Parade and it a real treat each time.The folks in Manning always put on a great parade. I look forward to seeing the Clarendon GOP in Columbia at the state Convention. Keep up the great work. Tom Grimes SC6 GOP District Chairman

bobby said...

that 2012 stuff...republican party getting a bit desperate?

MG said...

No Bobby just getting even

MG said...

Tommy it is always nice to have you in town. Keep on coming down and helping us build a party.

MG said...

Mike thanks for coming and driving for us man.

Anonymous said...

What happened to the real change has to wiat til 2012 bumper stickers?