Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter !

No, It's Not About a Rabbit and Candy....

No, I'm not the most religious person on Earth. I can't quote the Bible from memory, and I don't go to church nearly as often as I should. I do talk to God evry night before I go to bed to thank him for all my blessings, and to pray for my friends and family for help and protection. But, I do always remember why we celebrate holidays like Easter.

Yeah, even Easter gets commercialized. Easter eggs, chocolate rabbits, and buying a pastel colored suit or dress. That's not Easter, that's retail. That's the part that you tell the kids to make the day interesting for them. But , every kid needs to know what Easter is about......

Maybe it sounds depressing, but it's not. On Good Friday, God gave sacrificed his only son to pay for all the world's sins. Yes , that is unhappy. But on Easter Sunday, he brought Jesus back to Heaven, telling us all that we all have the same fate if we believe in Him. That's pretty positive when you really think about it.

I was watching Fox News Sunday this morning, and they had a segment on Washington DC Archbishop Donal Wuerl , who happened to be their 'Power Player of the Week'. He gave a great message for people in today's tough times. He said that a lot of people are stressed, unhappy, and discouraged. But the message to be taken from Easter is that there is always reason to be hopeful. I have some friends who feel down right now, and that is what I've tried to tell them. Things will get better, and a person with friends is never alone. I had them when I was down, and I got back. We all can......

.

3 comments:

Bobby said...

My Uncle passed away this morning. I couldn't think of a more appropriate day for it to happen. He was a good person.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'm really sorry to hear that, Bob. My condolences..

mg said...

Sorry Bobby.