Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Vanna, I'd Like to Buy a 'G' .....


Can You Believe They Mispelled The Name ??
Time for one of THOSE stories again.... Welcome to Lake Chargoggagao..... Aw heck, forget it. It's a lake in Massachusetts, but the locals just call it Lake Webster. Yes, it's an Indian name, and as usual, there were different variations of how it was spelled. Well, they got it corrected, and it turns out that the 20th and 38th letters are incorrect. So now, they need to fix all the signs....
Exactly how do you pronounce this? I have no idea.... In fact, they don't even know what it means. The old story used to be that it stood for "You fish on your side, I'll fish on my side, and nobody fishes in the middle." However, that theory was debunked. But, such is the legend of a lake with a 45 letter name. Personally, I had a hard enough time pronouncing Camp Wakpominee .....
.

No comments: