Sunday, June 24, 2007

Erection 2008 News..... Hear Ye, Hear Ye!! Fred Thompson is Coming to Town. One if By Land, Two if By Sea ......


Sen. Thompson at the Clarion Town House: Weds. June 27th 1130-100.
I got an e-mail today (not from my own county, of course) that Presidential Candidate Fred Thompson will be at a fundraiser/round table/luncheon in Columbia at the Clarion Town House on Gervais St.
I will not be there because I have that work thing, but if you want to go, it is $50 for the luncheon, and $500 to be part of the round table. The odd part of the event is I can't exactly tell you where the money is going. It says the first 10,000 goes to the Federal campaign, and the balance to the state campaign. Of who? Thompson? The GOP? SCGOP?
I'm sure there is a formula, but I don't know what it is. Where is Jay W. Ragley when you need him? Sunny?? Please enlighten us - I am putting the Bat Signal out....
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My personal invitation a couple of weeks ago now said $50.00 and $1000.00 what gives.

Anonymous said...

The odd part of the event is I can't exactly tell you where the money is going.

I know Thompson expressed interest, several weeks ago to chairman Dawson, about doing a fundraiser for the state GOP. Maybe this is it....

**Disclaimer**
No SC political insiders were harmed while obtaining this information.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

could be... I hadn't heard word one about this event.

Anonymous said...

the state gop is so full of bullet holes right know, i don't know if a snow storm will stop the burn. I don't think Katon cares where the money goes...federal, state??? as long as it plugs the holes for the party that is all that matters.

Anonymous said...

Mike, I didn't know you were Chinese... re-read your header.

Gotta be Chinese, else Mikey got some explainin to do.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

No mistake Lhino! It's been Erection 2008 for months now...