Sunday, April 29, 2012

Cartoons of the Week....


    Remember when we only had one Cartoon of the Week?  We're pretty glad that the cartoonists are pumping out some funny stuff.. We didn't post on Obama and Romney's dog snafu's, but even we didn't think about the effect it would have on the Feline Vote...




Another topic we passed on was Obama's campaign stop/visit to various college campuses to push for continuing the half-priced rate on student loans...  While a 6.8% rate may seem high compared to what it is now, keep this in mind: when I graduated, my loan rate was 8%, and it was changed to need based in my sophomore year. That means it went from you got money if they HAD it to you got money if you NEEDED it... And I lived.  I always laugh my ass of when i hear college kids say they'll have to drop out if tuition goes up or they lose $1000 on their grants.  Do what I did - work in the cafeteria 10 hrs a week! That was when minimum wage was $3.35.  Better yet, go to a college you can afford.  No, I'm not very sympathetic...


.

No comments: