Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Birthday, Fenway Park - The Red Sox Still Blow!


    Yes, even I - a New York Yankee fan - will admit it.... Fenway Park is the best ballpark in the major leagues.  No, I've never been to it .  Hell, I've never even been to Connecticut, and I lived in Long Island!  Why? Because there is nothing in New England that I need to see.  Fenway Park might be the only thing.  OK, I'm sure there are other things, but the Old Ballpark would probably be first...


   I've been to the old and new Yankee stadiums, and they're nice.  There is a little bit of magic inside the place, but Fenway really hasn't changed much over the years, and that's what makes it great.  It's such a weird park: the Green Monster.  The way the right field wall goes almost straight backwards from the foul pole - and it's only three feet high.  The center field area where the monster meets right center.  The scoreboard that is still manually operated.  It's by far the most inteersting park out there, and always will be.  And it's 100 years old this weekend...


   Best of all, the Bronx Bombers are coming to town to celebrate the event.  The two franchises are forever intertwined, thanks to the Babe Ruth trade.  It survived the Curse of the Bambino, and it will continue to be baseball's best park.  Even if the Red Sox suck....  Happy Birthday Fenway, and GO YANKEES !!


.

No comments: