Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I Almost Missed the Interview, But SIMT Looks Pretty Awesome....


It's Just the Architect's Drawing, But Trust Me - It Looks Just Like That.

I damned near missed my radio interview today... It was supposed to be at the opening of the Southeastern Institute of Manufacturing Technology, or SIMT, at Florence-Darlington Tech this morning. I get to SIMT, and no one knows anything about WJMX-AM being there today, so I see the security guard, and he said it was cancelled. Those security guys knows everything.....So at 745, off i run to the BTC Building.

TJ didn't have my number, so he wasn't able to call, but we got a solid 5 minutes of quality political discussion in. So much so that I'll be back on Friday, and I might be contributing regularly to the show - if my agent and them can wheel and deal some A-Rod sized contract out... Speaking of which, TJ felt bad for the inconvenience, so I got a $25 gift card to Indigo Joe's in Florence - anyone want to go out for lunch soon? My treat. ;)

I'll be discussing one of of my recent blog posts on air - you might guess who it's about - but I'll leave it at that until Friday at 800AM. If you're in the area , listen in on 970 AM, or online at www.newstalk970online.com for a live feed. I'd chat some more, but I have a bunch of chicken fingers to make for the House Party tonight...

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What will the taxpayers get back in return for this building.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

We're hoping for a well-trained work force to attract high-paying technical jobs to the area.... but so far, we've got another building with Hugh Leatherman's name on it.

Anonymous said...

this is your agent...take me to indigo joes and we'll see what kind of contract we can work out.

Anonymous said...

how is indigo joes any way