Friday, September 21, 2007

Thank God for Football, Or It Would Be a LONG Weekend...
















This weekend is gonna stink. Bills, and no checks for two weeks have put a major cramp in the social schedule this weekend. At least it's football season! If this were February, I'd be climbing the walls, because I hate basketball. So, in the interest of talking about Statewide issues, and to get some comments going here, let's talk football....





Suddenly, both Clemson and Carolina are Top 15 teams, which means they are both 3-0, but haven't quite got everything running on all cylinders. Blake Mitchell hasn't looked like a Senior yet, but the defense is fantastic. Clemson hasn't really played a good team yet (sorry Will, Florida State looks like dogcrap this year), but they have had running problems, which is a surprise. Will they both still be undefeated after this weekend? Here's my picks, then you can tell me how wrong I am in the comments......





Clemson at NC State: I haven't liked NC State since they turned down my application back in '86, so I have a hard time being objective, but I don't think that's a problem this year. Even NC State's coach doesn't think they're good this year. There is one interesting aspect gamewise - Clemson can't run, but can pass, while State can't stop the run, but is good against the pass. What do you do? You hit their weakness. The Tigers will run all day on the Wolfpack, then open it with the pass in the second half. Oh yeah - NC State sucks! Clemson 31-14.






Carolina vs. LSU: Ever see a chicken kill a Tiger? Well, don't expect to on Saturday either. There is no place hotter and tougher to play than a day game in Baton Rouge in September. Don't get me wrong, the Gamecocks will play tough on D all day, but unless Mitchell gets his game to top level fast, LSU is just too tough to score on. I imagine one of those heartbreakingly close games , where you think they have a chance, only to have the inevitable happen in the 4th quarter. Can The Ballcoach pull off another stunner? No. LSU 20-7.





Normally I'd say have a nice weekend, but I think I'm going to have plenty of time for posting, so keep an eye out.

.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Tigers both of them.