Monday, September 17, 2007

SC6 Sports: Mike's Fantasy Baseball Team Gets Shafted in Playoffs...


Regular Season Champs Tie 8-8 in Playoffs, but Cubs Advance.....

No, this doesn't really matter, but let's have fun with it. After running the table the entire regular season, my Flotown Yankees ended up in a virtually 8-8 tie with Ed Palmer's Cubs squad in the first round of the playoffs. Not having had a tie the entire season, I didn't know if there was a tiebreaker. I guess there is, and I lost it, because Ed is now playing Bobby for the Championship next week.

I called Bobby to get a clarification on the tiebreaker......... and he has no idea. So, it looks like I lost, and no one knows why. :( Being the sore loser that I am, I will now push my loyal readers to harass Ed at his job at Eagle 92.9, letting him know that the Curse of the Cubbies will now continue for ANOTHER hundred years, or at least until 2015 - which is when the Cubs will beat Miami for the title, as told in Back to the Future II.

You can call Ed at 667-4600. Ed's has a good sense of humor, and I'm sure he'll find the calls interesting - at least the first 50.... My pick is Ed by a nose, 10-7.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

or call 1-800-492-0093 between 5 and 5:30 pm