Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Is Newt Running for President NOW?? It Sounds Like It..


Newt to Neil Cavuto: 'If I Raise $30M by Sunday, I'm In.'

Yep. That's what he said, which basically is opposite of my post just a couple days ago. So, either I'm stupid, or Newt might be making a mistake, or he's very shrewd. Or all of the above.

I was almost stunned watching 'Cavuto on Business' today. Gingrich addressed the question pretty directly. He said his focus was solely on American Solutions: Winning the Future's Workshops this week, but if he is able to raise $30 Million this week, he will run for President. Wow!

Honestly, the first thing that came to my mind was back in the 80's, when Oral Roberts asked his TV audience to send him $6M by Sunday, or as he put it, "God would call him". Guess the extra $24M is adjusted for inflation......

I have a bunch of questions, but I'm sure Newt's got answers. How do you raise $30 Million in a week? Is his organization for the Presidency set up? Who is left to set up the campaign on the local level? Could someone please drop out before we add more guys? I need a friggin' scorecard to keep up with them all, and I'm a pretty active participant in the process. How many more Conservative White Guys do we need?

I'm not a big fan of this decision, if that's what it is, or if the whole American Solutions campaign is just a big ruse to running for President. I thought about going to the workshop Saturday, but if it's going to be like a Timeshare Sales Attack - where you get a free 3 day/ 2 night vacation, but you have to tolerate the sales guy hammering you for 2 hours - I'll pass. Running in 2012 would put him in a much better position, but sometimes these guys just can't avoid the allure of running.

Maybe I'm wrong - or maybe Newt's cash won't come through. We'll see.

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you got his phone message also.

Anonymous said...

One knew there had to be a bit more behind the American Solutions thing.