Sunday, September 23, 2007

In Japan, They Call Me 'Reino-San'.....


Most of you know Hiro, the Japanese guy who rents my old house out while he is over here on his work visa with Honda. He always pays me early ( and a lot) , and he keeps the place cleaner than I ever did. On top of that, he brings back little gifts from Japan for me. How the guy can stay away from his wife and kids 48 of 52 weeks a year is beyond me, but he does it.
I ran into him while doing the yardwork yesterday, and he brought me some chocolates and candies. The funny part was he called me something that I never heard him call me before - Reino San. And he did it twice. In two years, it was usually 'Mr. Reino" or "Mr. Mike", so "Reino San" kind of took me by surprise.
It is a compliment, right?
.

12 comments:

earlcapps said...

actually, i think that means "mother ... "

earlcapps said...

actually, i think that means "mother ... "

Thoroughbred 401k said...

That would still be correct, because I can be a real mother sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Your picture looks racially motivated and is offensive to myself and my family. please remove it.

earlcapps said...

which picture, anon?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Earl, I think Anon is referring to my squinty eyes - or are we thinking slanted eyes?? OK, let me clear my throat on this one. Anon, don't assume my motivation for anything - if you are offended by my blog, don't read it. if your family is offended by my blog, tell them don't read it.

Unless you're my tenant, who I think I just explained in full detail that I have the ultimate respect for , you can take the request elsewhere. Of the 500+ posts, You'll probably find me feigning joy by squinting my eyes in pictures in a few of them, not to mention the flash.

Quit looking for shit that isn't there, you overreactive putz. The picture stays, please kiss my butt.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

OK, the anon comment was a joke. No problem here..

Anonymous said...

Mike, you didn't actually eat any of the contents of that bag...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

No, those are Coffee candies, and I'm not a fan of Coffee - it gives me the jitters. However, the chocolate almonds and strawberry chocolates were yummy.


What? No one wants to comment on Newt or Clyburn, but we'll talk about Japanese candy all day? C'mon gang!!

Anonymous said...

What squinty eyes

Anonymous said...

At least it isn't Japanese ExLax causing that face you're making...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

At least not yet.......