Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day 3 In Hilton Head: Matt Gets a Guest on His Motorcycle...




Nothing real exciting today....... More scuffing and prep-sol work again. I did get to work with a DA (dual action) sander, which is a power sander. It does make the job a lot easier. It did get interesting at closing time. Matt was going to pull his Harley into the shop for the night, when he saw a snake coiled up by the rear tire.....




Now, being a Yankee boy ( Matt's only been here for three months), he figured it was okay to check it out. Nope... It turned out the snake was a copperhead, so the four of us had to coax the poisonous reptile back into the bushes........




As far as the exploration of Hilton Head's food, we went to Matt's favorite joint, Carrabba's. I haven't been there before, and it was good. I had the Mezzaluna, along with house salad and about 50 slices of dipping bread !! It's okay , I'm working my ass off..........



See ya tomorrow!


.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good

Anonymous said...

Carabba's is good, though I'm still not amused that they're not open for lunch.

As to the copperhead, does Matt keep a shovel around the shop? I might've suggested killing it were it a rattler, but I don't have a recipe for copperhead chili and I don't know that a Yankee knows how to skin and clean a snake, so let him stick to body work.

Anonymous said...

lets eat

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Well, it was a little copperhead, so we flicked him back into the woods - just a case of youthful enthusiasm...