Sunday, November 18, 2007

Who Is Worse for the Game - Bonds or Rose ?




I missed all the Sunday morning shows today, so nothing is sparking a thought, but I did come across this article on msn.com.. Who is a bigger villain, Pete Rose or Barry Bonds?
Rose undoubtedly has done some bad things for the game - tax evasion, betting on baseball. The chances of him getting into the Hall of Fame are slim, even 20 years later. I think Rose would have been in the Hall by now, but the Commissioner who punished him died almost right after banning Rose. But does it compare to Bonds' sins? I think not.
While betting on other teams is truly egregious, it doesn't affect the outcome of the game. Bonds' using performace enhancing drugs puts a stain on the game that Ajax won't wash off. It is just that - enhancing performance. All those home runs likely would not have come if he didn't take it. Therefore, his chance to be in the Hall of Fame is almost zero.
What do you think? Comments, please.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

bonds for sure pete is a hero

Anonymous said...

I agree with moye. Bonds is an excuse for how many to pop "greenies" in the locker room just to win? I can recall a Gaemcokc that played for the Steelers in the late 70s/early 80s that held the NFL's strongest man spot with, I suspect a few asteriks, thanks to steroids. More recently the last press I heard on him was that he was on the transplant list, thnks to the steriod use... I don't know if he's survived that ordeal, but the better football/baseball/hockey/basketball through chemistry is wrong.

Ultimately, as Christians, we need to forgive them, as much as we need to forgive Slick; though rendering to Caesar, they have to pay the piper.

Anonymous said...

you're not leaving me a lot to comment on...lol. I don't know much about baseball anyways. see ya later!

ms. x

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Well, I did leave the quiz for you, and I'm sure you could help with the Jack Daniel's adoption.

I know, I know - you're a football girl. Miss ya, Princess.

Anonymous said...

Bonds.