Friday, November 16, 2007

RED Rolls On, But Without Me on the Board...



After taking on Wal-Mart for 5 years, Responsible Economic Development , or RED, had a crucial meeting last night. Now that the battle was over, should the group continue on, or was it time to close down the tent. The decision to keep on keeping on was made, but I will not be with them.




After 4 years on the Board, a couple other, more qualified and motivated people were found to take my spot. I was always the right wing member of this generally liberal group, but there was a decision I needed to make - politics or RED. No tough choice there...




Like this blog, being on RED and running for office got in the way of each other. RED was viewed as a Che Guevara-type rebel outfit, which pissed off people in the GOP, and I got the feeling that some people in RED felt I did it only for my resume. Whatever.




I suppose I could have asked to stay on, and that room would have been made for me, but they already had nine members on board, who needs ten? So, I told them not to worry about adding me on the board. Done. I wish RED the best, and if they need me to explain the politics of development, i'll be glad to.


.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so what happened with the wal mart anyway

Thoroughbred 401k said...

It is being built now.

Anonymous said...

And soon to be stocked with cheap goods from China, continuing the skewing of a balance of trade...

I think that the press pays more attention to Tawana Brawley.