Thursday, November 29, 2007

Things Are Not Going Well.....



I am really down today - probably as down as I've been since September. The dealership in Beaufort hasn't called back, and another possible job in Hilton Head will not happen until March. Right now, I'm spending 10 hours a day doing a job that 1) I hate and 2) I suck at..... I have no money, i'm not getting paid this week, and the mortgages and car payment are all due.
At this point, I'm wondering what I did wrong in a past life that I'm paying for it in this one so much. There is a possibility of a job with another dealer here, but that isn't a definite possibility right now. It may just be a rumor of an opening - service writer jobs don't end up in the paper or online. The one sure thing is that there isn't jack shit going on in Florence right now.
So this post doesn't end up solely being me ranting about life, here is my advice to you. Make sure your kids end up with a skill or trade. Going to college with only a piece of paper is a waste of 4 years. Both of my brothers never finished high school, but they always had jobs , because they have a skill. I have nothing useful or unique. Being funny or good at imitations won't get you anywhere in life. Like Phil in 'City Slickers" , I'm ready to yell "Do Over". I'm going to get some sleep and see if anything changes tomorrow.......
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry times are tough

earlcapps said...

hang in there, mike. we all have those points in life where things hit a rough patch.

Anonymous said...

chin up...you could be related jim clyburn, but you aren't, so you have that going for you!

it can't get much worse, so all you can do is look forward. don't give up...it took 6 months after i got canned from toyota to get a new job.

Anonymous said...

I've had those lapses in employment. Though not necessarily drawing UC, the Employment Commission remains the route into some companies across the state. I take it you are checking their listings.