Saturday, November 24, 2007

Pot Smokers for Ron Paul - The Real Revolution...





Hope for America.......... Or Smoke for America ??



I had an enlightening conversation with Ms. X this week. We discuss politics a bit, but I'm not here to talk her into voting for Rudy Giuliani, unless she wants to. I'm not sure it's worked yet..... Anyway, she said to me "I heard there's a guy who is running to legalize pot." I hadn't heard this from anyone, but I had an idea who it was. "You mean Ron Paul?" I asked.... "Yeah, that's him", she answered. Then it struck me. That's why all the college kids are working for him. .....



Usually, I'm bit sharper than this, but I've been out of the loop, and I don't pay much attention to the guy running 7th in the polls. Yep, the Ron Paul Revolution (or is it the Ronalution?) is being pushed not by a group of neo-cons (or REAL Republicans), but by Pot smokers hoping for the legalization of marijuana.... Dude.... REALLY???





That's what it looks like from here, Spicoli.... Nevermind the fact that the President has no power to legalize drugs - may I refer you to "I'm Just a Bill" from Schoolhouse Rock. If that were the case, Paul would have more power staying in the House of Representatives, but we're talking about the motivations of his supporters. It reminds me of when I ran for Congress, and I had voters who liked me because "I hate that nigger Clyburn". That wasn't my reason for running, but what can I do? Same thing.




I'm sure Ron Paul isn't running to legalize pot - at least I'm pretty sure.... But maybe his supporters are hoping he does. The 'grassroots campaign' seems to be reminiscent of the Howard Dean campaign of 2004. He'll have his 5 minutes, then go out like a nut.. WOOHOO!!!



Hey Bud, let's work on a political campaign !!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe they should legalize it

Anonymous said...

sounds like the perfect campaign for earl capps. who's he supporting?

Anonymous said...

never trust a guy with two first names...just get high with him.

hmmm...look what happens when we use your first and middle name...Mike Paul, maybe you should run again!

Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for someone to call him Pu Paul... WIL!

Anonymous said...

Ru Paul that is... so much for typoing slower than I thinks