Thursday, November 22, 2007

SC6's Holiday Film Suggestion... Charlie Wilson's War.


Now the that Thanksgiving is here, we are now at the start of another tradition - the Holiday Film Season... That time when Hollywood puts out the best of what it has to offer. So far, one film piqued my political interest - Charlie Wilson's War.
It's about Democratic Texas Congressman Charlie Wilson, who conspired with a rogue CIA operative named Gust Avrakotos to launch an operation to help the Afghan Mujahideen during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. It is based on a 2003 book of the same title by George Crile. The film stars Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. It was written by Aaron Sorkin. Mike Nichols is the director.
I know , it's not a lineup that I might agree with politically, but they are all great actors, and the film looks like it could have a nice comedic element, becuase we all know - nothing is funnier than the Mujahideen !!! Those guys are a friggin' riot !! Don't believe me? Just watch 'Spies Like Us'...........
It doesn't hit theaters until Christmas Day, so you'll have to wait. I'll try to get off my butt and watch it when it comes out. If I do, I'll give a review of it for y'all.
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

let us know

Anonymous said...

looks like a chick flick to me!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

No Bobbo - there's no gang of four 40-ish women recalling their childhood years, or a bunch of old bags recalling their childhood years.

earlcapps said...

in any event, happy turkey day to you too!