Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Week Three of Inside Mike's Noodle......



I had my third session with Dr. Bowman today. I'm starting to get an idea of how this works, and it's not as dramatic as you see on TV. No sudden breakthroughs, no enlightening discoveries, just reading more into yourslef, and making little improvements here and there.




I remembered to bring my homework from the previous week, so we went over that today. I thought he asked me for three negative comments on myself, the world and the future, but he actually just wanted three comments. Oops!!



The whole focus is on the thoughts themselves, and asking "Is this statement correct?" For most of them, the answer is no, they are exaggerations , and by constantly using these statements, we eventually get ourselves down. Just thinking or saying these things turns us into a depressed person. This , along with being relatively withdrawn, does not help me out.




We also talked about my making sure that I am more appreciative of people who care about me, and about keeping in touch with friends and family, even if nothing is going on. He also said that I might be too picky with women. HA HA!! I did tell him why I am attracted to Ms. X, and he seemed to understand why I care about her like I do - her legs!! Just kidding. Princess, it's the way we talk with each other - and your legs.




The next homework project is to take those same answers and to rewrite them into more correct and positive statements. Seems reasonable enough. That's it for now..


.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

really mike you want to see the root doctor in cordesville or not

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Nah Moye, this is going okay so far. I forgot one thing. Dr. Bowman says I do not have bi-polar disorder. If I did, I'd be flipping out all the time, which I haven't.

Anonymous said...

Mike, this song is for you ...

I been lookin' for a trace
Lookin' for a heart
Lookin' for a lover in a world
that's much too dark
You don't want my love
You want satisfaction
You don't need my love
You gotta find yourself another
Piece of the action, yeah

Said where you goin'
What you gonna do
I been lookin' everywhere
I been lookin' for you

You don't want my love
You want satisfaction
You don't need my love
You gotta find yourself another
Piece of the action
'Cause you're crazy
You're fuckin' crazy
Ya know you're crazy
I said you're crazy

Say boy where ya comin' from
Where'd ya get that point of view
When I was younger
Said I knew someone like you
And they said

You don't want my love
You want satisfaction
You don't need my love
You gotta find yourself another
Piece of the action
'Cause you're crazy
You're fuckin' crazy
Ya know you're crazy
I said you're crazy
Ooh you're crazy
You know you're crazy
Well you're crazy
You know you're crazy

You know you are
Bring it down
You're fuckin' crazy

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'm not 100% sure who sent this. I have an idea, but if you're reading my blog at 130 AM, you must have some deep seeded feelings for me somewhere in there... Here's some lyrics from a song I wrote years back - it's wasn't written about anyone in particular, but it applies here.


mom says I crazy, dad the same
off of my rocker, gone insane.
they think I'm nuts, lost a screw
I would agree, til I met you.


you're so crazy, just like me
we're two of a kind in misery.
you're so crazy, I am too.
you may be sick, but I love you.

.

Anonymous said...

If not bi-polar is tri or quadrapolar likely? Monopoles tend to be as improbable as improbability drive for the Space Shuttle.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Rhino, from what I know, all people are bi-polar, it's the DISORDER part that separates the kooky people.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Anon, I thought that Gnarlz Barkley song was my theme song....

Anonymous said...

Well, since we've not heard that you need a drool bucket when Ms. X's legs are mentioned, I have to suppose that obsessive compulsive doesn't fit either...

Anonymous said...

It would probably be meddling to suggest a couple of books. _Psychocybernetics_ by Max Maltz, _What_to_Say_When_You_Talk_To_Yourself_ by Shad Helmstetter, and _Hung_By_the_Tongue_ stand in mind...

Anonymous said...

damn

earlcapps said...

Mike, that looks like GnR's "You're Crazy" to me.

If anything, I think it means that Axl Rose is your secret admirer.

It makes sense if you think about it ... after all, not like he's ever going to finish, much less release, this fictional Chinese Democracy album.