Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Check Out My New Mail Order Bride...


Check Out My New Axe .... It's Finally On the Way !
Forget about politics - the big news this week that I finally sold my Epiphone Les Paul on Ebay, so tonight, I got the girl that has everything I want and need.... The ESP MH103 QM !!
Yes, my Les Paul was a great guitar. It looked great, it was a classic, and it looked great on the wall or on the guitar stand. It's like dating a supermodel - that you have nothing in common with. It had a great, fat sound, but it didn't suit my playing style. It fed back too much, it buzzed a bit from my naturally conductive hands. And it was SOOOOO HEAVY. Once, it broke the strap off during a show, and I just caught it before the headstock would've hit the ground and snapped. So, my eyes strayed towards another....
I saw the ESP, and I said that's the one.. Maple neck, 24 frets, one quad rail humbucker and two single coil pickups, and what I missed most - a locking nut Floyd Rose Tremolo. Yeah , divebombs and harmonics again. Best of all, it was a blem model, so it was only $269 - 20 bucks less than I sold the Les Paul for ! Like anyone who just fell in love, i'm very excited. I'm sure I'll find something wrong with it , but I'll worry about that later....
This is the closest thing I can find to describe how I feel today.....courtesy of Lester Burnham.
.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we can add your name to other greats like Bo Diddly,Jeff Beck,Jimmy Hendrick and Gene Simmons. Right after I join Elton John and Billy Joel on their tour of great rock pianists...teg

pluvlaw said...

I wasted 15 minutes trying to find that Wayne's World clip before giving up. Congrats.

I am still looking forward to that live show you hinted about not long ago.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, we're still searching for a date. I'm guessing June 26th at Marshall's on Second Loop, but it's not official yet.

mg said...

let us know when you rock got some people i want to get there

earlcapps said...

Yeah, and I'll have to come, video it and blog about it.

"Hi, my name is Mike Reino, and I have come here today to tell all you people to get a life, especially all you bloggers who are still living in mom's basements. Get out and make more room for your Trekkie brother!"