Tuesday, May 05, 2009

SC6 Remembers Dom DeLuise ...


Pardon the break from politics for a minute, as we take a moment to say goodbye to comedian/actor and chef Dom DeLuise, who passed away yesterday at the age of 75. Dom was one of those bigger than life characters - literally and figuratively. His work in Mel Brooks' movies at their peak in the 70's were fantastic. Later on, he was just about Burt Reynolds' sidekick in the 80's for every movie he did, but honestly, I never saw Cannonball Run.....
Here is the trailer from my favorite Dom DeLuise movie, one of his few lead actor roles in the 1980 movie 'Fatso'. I only had cable TV for about a year ot two until I moved out of New York, and that was in about 1981, when 'Fatso' was in steady rotation.... My siblings and I still laugh our asses off over the Chinese Food scene..... "You ate $40 worth of Chinese Food and YOU'RE SORRY ????!!!!!!!". Great movie, and very poignant as well.
Thanks, Dom...
.

3 comments:

yep been abducted again mg said...

funny dude i will see him in space

Anonymous said...

That day- I told one of my co-workers about the chinese food scene and showed her the same video. Its making me really sad to see all these great actors,comedians of our childhood pass away. Unlike our father who will probably out live us all...like a a damn cockaroach. :)

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'm not sure about that... Pops is really slowing down..