Sunday, May 17, 2009

May 18th - Time to Take Inventory Again









For the long time readers of the blog, you're a bit familiar with the May 18th post. It was exactly 18 years ago today that I graduated college. Every year on this date, I evaluate the past year, and judge whether I made progress. Obviously, there have been years when I progressed, years when I have stalled, and years when I have absoluetly backtracked all the way to Ground Zero. Probably three or four times....



Last year on this day, I thought I was making progress, which wasn't too hard when you compared it to the year before. I was still in Hilton Head, just getting by and trying to catch up all the bills. Socially, there was no time to do anything, and I vowed I would get home, and reconnect with all of my friends..





At first, things didn't go exactly as I wanted them to. I had that ONE CUSTOMER that we in Service Departments always worry about, and I got fired - again. But, I wasn't too worried for some reason, and I was right. I got a new job, and I was at home. It took a while to get the money straight, but I'm at long last getting ahead, and helping those people that need help, and still getting out a little. I have matured a lot in the past year. I keep my mouth shut a bit more, particularly at work. For for first time in a while, i'm actually satisfied with things, for the most part.




I've never been good at balancing work and social life, and that's one thing I want to work on a bit. I've ignored some good friends too much lately. They know it, and I know it too. I'll try to get out a little more. Then again, there are friends that I don't see nearly enough - friends I know that benefit from my presence - that I try to see. I promise to try and be reasonable and smart, but I promise I will not give on you either. I value all my friends too much. Aside from that, i'm not expecting much from the next year. A little consistency and stability would br FANTASTIC !!!



.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike-are you going to this convention too? If so Moye,Earl and I want you to check on the seeing if we can get a group package rate...

mg said...

Do this mean a Lemon Drop at the Palms or a cold beer on Graham Slough. By the way who did that last comment.