Saturday, May 09, 2009

I Know I'm Kicking a Dead Horse Here, But...

Newman's Got My Printer Cartridges SOMEWHERE !!!

Time for the ultimate in cliched blog posts. I try not to pick on the US Postal Service because sometimes its just too damn easy, but this may be the ultimate in Snail Mail...

I needed to order some ink cartridges for my Dell Laptop. As far as I know knew, you couldn't get them in a store, so I ordered them online from another company. Although I didn't need them overnight, I gave about a week to ship it to me. I got a confirmation that they made the local office zip code 38017 - in Collierville, TN on April 28th - cool. While they didn't give me any shipping options (like Priority Mail for $3.50), I wasn't to worried once I knew that my package was in the capable hands of the USPS.. OOPS !!

I've been checking my tracking verification online for ten days now, and today, finally got verification of my package. It's made it to the Bulk Mail facility number 38199............ in Memphis, TN. Memphis is about 12 miles from Collierville. Twelve miles in TEN FRIGGIN' DAYS !!!!!!! At this rate, it will arrive for my 42nd birthday - IN 2010 !!

Yes, this gives new meaning to the term Snail Mail, but exactly how much faster or slower is this than an actual Snail? The answer? Not much faster. I looke dit up, and the average Snail moves at the rate of 4/1000 of a mile an hour, so in ten days , the Snail would have made it about 1/10 of mile. However, I bet you green money that if the snail was trying to get to South Carolina, he'd have enough brains to slither across onto the bumper of a nearby car, and hitch his way here in less than ten days....

So, who's to blame for this? A certain Congressman? Or is it someone else we know????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgQGbD47aZA&feature=related

.

5 comments:

Thoroughbred 401k said...

An explanation to the guy who sent the approximately 10,000 word manifesto that did not involve the topic....

I apologize for not publishing the comment. It might be the 2nd comment I never printed in 1997 total posts, but we dont accept prepared diatribes that don't apply to the topic. Perhaps if it were shorter than the New Testament, I would have accepted it anyway... There is a lot of smarts in brevity. Anytime you try to talk about the economy,and use J. Lo as an example - and you're serious - you lose me.


For my readers' sake, I had to reject it.

pluvlaw said...

One of my all time favorite Seinfeld US mail scenes is when Kramer tries to convince Jerry to send his broken stereo via USPS, take out insurance, then make a claim.

My tax professor in Law School loved this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZRqH7sRyA

down on the slough mg said...

glad you did

Anonymous said...

Mike--the fact that any one who reads this could put together much less find a 10,000 word diatribe on any subject has me worried...

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah , it was pretty chatty. It made the Unabomber's manifesto look like a limerick..