Friday, January 08, 2010

Going to the Chapel ....


Today was a nice day. I got out a little early today, and went to my best childhood friend Phil's sister's wedding. It was hard not to - the church was only about 2 miles from my house !! More importantly, I haven't spent a whole lot of time with Phil since I got back. Poverty and Shut-In Syndrome kind of go hand in hand..... Today was a nice opportunity to see the two of them and their Mom, who I also spent a few Thanksgivings and Christmases at. Like I said , I get around......
It was a small wedding, but it was nice. The big lesson I got out of all this was that Lori was in the same boat as me - late 30's , divorced and maybe wondering if there was anyone out there for them. Well, she found Jeff, who seems like a nice enough guy... It gives you the hope that maybe there IS one person for everyone, and that my solidarity march will come to an end eventually. Yeah, I'm feeling a bit mushy tonight. Bite me. There, that feels more like me.....
.

2 comments:

Bobby said...

nice rack!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I uh, kinda noticed that too, Bob.