Monday, January 11, 2010

Larry Grooms Throws In the Broom ...


Word out of Bonneau Beach is that Sen. Larry Grooms is ending his campaign for Governor of South Carolina - and we lose another one of our candidates. Yes, the Reino Curse is long, and has many victims. Not that our endorsement of Larry was the Kiss of Death. His candidacy was a longshot to begin with, and his campaign caught about as much traction as the banana peel tires on my '74 Camaro in the snow.....




We liked Larry's candor, his availability and honesty, but mostly we loved his passion for being Governor, and for seeing things change for the better here. He was the only candidate that squarely put the blame of our state government in the hands of his own party. That takes guts, but it does come at price. We love our candidates to be honest, but the powerbrokers who still pay the bills love bullshit artists....





Our last wish? That Larry passes on running for Congress -although it would be cool to be able to say that I was at a Congressman's house once. That time I got the Cease & Desist order at Jim Clyburn's gate notwithstanding.... There is plenty of work to do in Columbia, and right now, I think Larry would best serve there. Kudos for trying, for helping me decide who I wanted to win, and for not sticking around too long.....



.

1 comment:

mg said...

I really like Larry.