Sunday, January 17, 2010

News to Put All Of It Back Into Perspective ...






Amen and Peace to Gaines Adams And Lucky .....










I just had one those one hour spans where things like politics and football just don't seem that important. Stunning news from Greenwood that former Clemson All-American end Gaines Adams passed away ths morning at the age of 26. No, I didn't know Adams personally, like some of you may have. I saw him play at Clemson and a few games in the NFL, and there were times where he looked like a worldbeater on the field. I've already read an article or two that talked about his using marijuana while in college, but I doubt that had anything todo with his passing. Sometimes, people just die very young.






Right on top of that, I got an e-mail from Rep. Alan Clemmons. For those of you who didn't know, Alan had a a mare that gave birth to a foal a few days ago. The mare passed away during the birth, and the foal, named Lucky, needed a mare to feed it. Amazingly, I had a buddy who owns a horse farm, and I got the two together, but it was too late. Lucky was already refusing to feed, and they fed by tubes, but she passed away earlier this morning, about the same time as Adams. It was a tough couple days for Alan, so if you are a Facebook friend, you might want to send him a note of condolensce. He has a couple pictures of the ordeal on his page, but this is the one I liked the best.....


I never had a doctor sleep at bedside, but vets do it all the time.......
.

1 comment:

mg said...

it is bad