Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SC6 Fake News: Descendant of John C. Calhoun Announces Candidacy For 1st District Race .

Say Hello to the New Congressman In the 1st ??

Inspired by the candidacies of fellow legendary political offspring Carroll (Tumpy) Campbell and Paul Thurmond, the great-great-great-great grand nephew of South Carolina Senator John C. Calhoun, Elford 'Tater' Calhoun has decided that two aren't enough. " I gave it a thought once or twice when Tumpy got in, but after Strom's kid went for it too, I couldn't keep away" , quoted Calhoun, in between a few Ric Flair-type 'WHOO's'.....

A political novice, Calhoun graduated from UCLA (Upper Conway, Lower Aynor) with a correspondence certificate in Animal Husbandry, where he claims to have met 'that guy who diddled that there pony twice' on a field trip. From all signs, Calhoun hasn't really thought this through, particularly the entry fee, or the hundreds of thousands of dollars a full campaign takes. His plan? 'I guess I'll just keep playing scratch-off games til I hit a good one. Then I'll worry about it.'

What advantage is Calhoun counting on? Brand Name Recognition. "The way I see it, ain't nobody got a bigger name in SC as me. Yeah, Strom's got a lake named after him, but Campbell don't have much yet. Me? I got a whole County, and every dormitory in the state's got the same name as me. The rest of 'em can't keep up (insert WHOO) !!" We wish him luck......

.

3 comments:

wrasslin west_rhino said...

Izzat Haystack's boy? I thought Atwater's Ghost told him to change his name to Pedro Burroughs Chapin to try to capture the tourist vote. Someone keep that boy out of the Atlantic Beach clubs.

Bobby said...

can you please post something else so this Deliverance guys isn't the first thing that pops up anymore?!?!?!

oh, btw...Vikings 38-35, Colts 24-10

mg said...

Go Calhoun