Monday, October 26, 2009

Bolchoz Enters Atty General Race ..


The State newspaper announced that there will be a third Republican entry into the race succeed current Attorney General Henry McMaster. Robert Bolchoz, a Charleston native and Columbia attorney, joined Alan Wilson and Leighton Lord as GOP hopefuls to take over for Henry Mac, who is running for Governor.
I'll be honest, I don't know Bolchoz. The picture I got here is from his Facebook page. It looks like he's pushing a Matchbox car along his desktop, but I'm not sure. He's does have some pedigree and connections for the job: He was a prosecutor in Charleston and Berkeley counties, a deputy AG under Charlie Condon, and as special assistant US Attorney and law clerk for Carroll Campbell - it's always good in SC to be able to attach your name to Campbell.
Whether those connections are as good as Wilson's or Lord's remains to be seen, but he would have to be considered a bit of a dark horse in this race right now. On the personal side, he's a family man, with a wife and three kids, one who is at Annapolis. However , there is one black eye on his resume ........ he's a Catholic, which in parts of SC, is a religion on par with Voodoo.
Bets of luck to him, and I'll try to learn how to pronounce his name in the meantime. Is it Bowl-choz, or Bowl-koz? With names like these, I like to reverse them, and see if it's easier - Zohclob . Nah, sounds like an alien. I should be one to talk, right? BTW, it's pronounced like Reno, Nevada....
.

5 comments:

mg said...

I am already on top of this and hope to get him to Clarendon.

Robert Bolchoz said...

Mike, it is pronounced BOWL Chis.
I have 4 kids and dont know anything about Voo Doo.
However that might be a matchbox car.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I forgot about the other child, Robert. Darn bloggers - can't get any facts straight, can they?

I was afraid this would get back to you, but you just got some points with me for having a good sense of humor. Now quit playing with the car, and start that campaign!

earlcapps said...

Well, us Catholics are considered devil worshippers in some circles, but that's ok, we're praying for them :)

west_rhino said...

Well, looking back, tne last Charleston Catholic that won the office was Charlie Condon...

definitely gonna be an intersting race as I was leaning towards one of the declared, fortunately filing is still downthe pike a bit.