Thursday, October 22, 2009

Picture of the Day..


OK, We're Reduced to Showing You a Closet ???
No, this is a place of historical significance for any SC6 Fan. No, it's not the VIP Room at the Trophy Club - it's the Dockmasters Office at Captree Marina. It's pretty much the same as it was in 1988, but I didn't have a fridge.
Yep, the dockmaster had a very important job - listen to all the complaints from the boat captains and patrons. Basically, it was the Bitch Department, but I did get to do the announcements, which was my first foray into public speaking. In a clear, deep voice (or with the occasional foreign accent) I would say ........ ATTENTION. The time is now five minutes to (hour), and there are five minutes remaining to board the (hour) o'clock boats. Please do so now. Thank You......
How I didn't end up being a flight attendant, I have no idea. Oh yeah - I hate flying.
.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike-somehow I can not imagine you as a flight attendent! Just can't imagine you in a light blue skirt/blouse and skycap! If you did we would all need airsick bags!!...teg

mg said...

I hate flying myself.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I hate flying myself too - especially since I don't know how to land a plane!