Thursday, October 08, 2009

A Congress Without Old Scratchythroat? Not Yet.


Even Some NY Democrats are Plotting His End, But Don't Count On It...

I wasn't always for term limits, but the older I get, and the longer I see what's going on in the State, Local and Federal government, the more supportive I've become of the idea. Take Charles Rangel for instance. The Harlem congressman, who's been in the House of Representatives since the New Deal, came dangerously close to losing his chairmanship of the Ways and Means and Ethics committees for failing to report all of his income for a six year span - but hey, filing taxes are small details, right?

Rangel, who is actually 79, and who sounds just like CC Deville from Poison, held onto his job by a strictly partisan vote. My buddy Mitch Baroody wrote a piece on his new blog, where he wonders where all the calls for decorum against Joe Wilson a couple weeks ago went when it came time to decide on Rangel. Mitch idolizes me, except for the part where he actually has a desire to succeed in life, but I'm working on him..

As for Mitch's question, well, we all know what the answer is to that. It's called selective thinking. If it's to my advantage, then I bring it up - if not, then suddenly my memory gets fuzzy. But, it's part of the system where a guy can be in Congress as long as I've been alive, and I'm no kid.... The fact is that Rangel will have that seat until he has a massive stroke while holding that gavel, and drops dead - or until he's incapacitated enough to not be able to vote... However, when you hit the Big 8-0, even those in your own party start to whisper......

There was a plan put forth by someone in the Democratic Party that as so stupid, it's laughable, so naturally we'll tell you about it. Someone in the party suggested having Rangel step down in midterm, and replacing him with - hold on...... Governor David Paterson! Yeah, I'm Governor right now, but I'll quit that gig to be the 433rd rated congressman in DC. Nothing like working your way down the ladder, eh?

Maybe CC can take over for Charlie.....he's available, isn't he?

.

No comments: