Friday, October 30, 2009

Picture of the Day..


Sorry I've been away for a few days. Work and the World Series have taken up all of my time this week. This is the beach at Field 2 at Robert Moses.... It looks in pretty good shape. It's by far the widest beach of the 4 fields at RM, which is why all the kids hang there - and why there was always so much trouble going on.
I started working here in the Summer of 1986. In just over a month, we had a guy shoot his girlfriend, a bodysurfer break his neck, an 800 pound sea turtle wash up (he got attacked by a shark), and the pelvic bone of an 8 year old girl who drowned at Jones Beach 15 miles away float onshore.... Yeah, it was pretty busy. After that Summer, I begged them to send me somewhere else....
.

1 comment:

earlcapps said...

Sounds like you're describing a beach in South Carolina.