Wednesday, October 14, 2009

NASCAR Announces It's First HOF Inductees ..


Honestly, I never realized that NASCAR never had a Hall of Fame. I follow the sport, but I'm not one of those guys who lives it... Today, the sport announced it's first Hall of Fame inductees, and it had a special theme through it: The guys who own the sport, and guys from North Carolina. Cale Yarborough is probably kicking everyone at the dealership today....
Founder Bill France Sr. and pioneer owner Bill France Jr. were enshrined, as well as legendary drivers Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt and Junior Johnson. Inducting the people who invented the league I guess is cool, but its kinda like inducting Abner Doubleday in the Baseball Hall of Fame. I'd think it would be just drivers.
As far as drivers, it's hard to dispute Johnson, Petty and Earnhardt. I imagine it will be hard picking them for a long time. After all, they have 60 years of legends to choose from. When the day comes that we are debating which Busch brother is HOF worthy or why isn't Dave Marcis in (see I do know a little about it), then we've hit the bottom of the barrel....
.

1 comment:

nc mg said...

This list is good