Friday, December 28, 2007

The Job Outlook Brightens......

I've been holding back from talking about it, since I've had a lot of disappointments over the last few months, but it looks like I finally have work lined up.... In fact, I may even get my old job back, which would be nice, because they paid me pretty well.





On to what I know for sure.... I interviewed with Victory Chevy in Darlington, and they said I'm the guy they're looking for. The new manager is a very old acquaintance, so he knows we'll get along fine. He's going to work on a package for me, and although it will likely be at a subsistance wage, it's work. The only down side is that he wants to wait abotu 2 weeks before I start. Honestly, i have no idea why, but I've come to expect the unexpected from these guys.... Their delay may cost them.





I spoke to my old boss at Newsome Automotive, and there is a big shakeup going on, and the old service manager is coming back. I went to see him immediately to let him know I was available. Like Victory, he needs a week or two to evaluate, but he knows there are people that need to go. So, I may hear from Newsome before I start at Victory....





It's a little confusing, but the good news is that I'll have an offer on the table by Wednesday, and I might get back the extra $20k a year I lost. Sweet. Either way, it'll be nice just to get back to work. Thanks for all the words of support during this tough time.


.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck man

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Thanks. Sitting around the house all day for a week straight is starting to wear on me.