Tuesday, December 25, 2007

My Family Takes Me On a Guilt Trip For Christmas..


Merry F**kin' Christmas, everyone !!! It's been an interesting one for sure. I went to Bobby's for a nice Christmas breakfast and present opening. I got more than I was expecting, but Bobbo's family is kinda that way - they always get an additional gift or two you'd never think of. I got an East Carolina flag for the house, a replacement N. Carolina cap that Rocket had chewed up as a puppy, an FMU sweeatshirt, an emergency cellphone charger, and a Kohl's gift card. Things seemed to be going pretty well, despite the obvious shortcomings of this year. Then my phone rings......




My two brothers are on the phone, giving me a hard time about not coming down to Charleston for dinner. Now, my sister in law does make the best lasagna this side of my late Mom, but no one called to invite me, and I'm broke. How broke? I'll tell you exactly. I have $47 in my wallet, and $65 in the bank, which has to get me through till January 15th, which is when my firdt paycheck (provided I have this job) and my tax returns will arrive. On this $112, $43 will be deducted on the 1st for my overdraft payment, so I have $69 to eat and fill my gas tank on for 3 weeks. Good luck.





My brother's offer - he'll pay for gas. Not that I don't appreciate it, but there are two problems: first, my one brother hasn't paid me the $250 for working last week yet, and he's not offering it right now. If i got the $250, i'd be there, no problems. Secondly, that being said, there is NO WAY that I can get through three weeks on $69, so i already know that I'm going to have to borrow a little cash from someone. I've gone a week without having to beg for something, so i'm trying to stretch it out before the inevitable comes. Yeah, it's Christmas, but my family doesn't really care about each other that much, so why go on the big charade? To me , it doesn't feel like Christmas. Compared to last year, this Christmas sucks... I'm poor, and I'm stuck in limbo by almost everything in life that matters. In short, I didn't need this shit today.




I feel better for getting it out. Merry Christmas.

.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had thirty people at Mama's today for dinner not supper ok you know one PM we had nine missing from charlotte that did not make it down and nine missing from greeleyville that went to london for the holidays so we were short this year. you should had come and spent it with us as you are welcome. we had three different bbq hogs or parts of three that were cooked by three different people. ham, dumplings, mac and cheese, rice, purlow nothing out of a can for sure and the list goes on. we love christmas and we love family and friends and it certainly comes easy here.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

We had ham, spuds, macaroni, corn and other stuff at Bobby's. The Graham clan sure does get out for the holidays. You're very fortunate to be so close with everyone. Glad to hear you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

moye, that sounds like the Christmas and Thaksgiving dinners at my uncle's in Hogeye... BURP!

Anonymous said...

WR we had two guests from hogeye a neice and a nephew who married into the family get this a brother and a sister