Sunday, December 23, 2007

Things Are Tough All Over...



It looks like I'm not the only one having a hard time financially around the holidays. I did get my rent from Hiro Friday, but attached to it was a request that I not deposit it until the 24th. Kind of funny, considering that Hiro doesn't speak a word of English - I guess someone wrote it for him. Hey, the guy pays me early, so of course i'm holding onto it.





Then I talked to Matt tonight. The first bad news: he doesn't need me to work this week. Not a surprise. Body shops might as well be closed on Christmas week. The second bad news: he probably can't pay me for last week yet. Uh....... Now we have a problem. I could really use the money to tide me over til I get paid around the 14th or 15th, which is about the same time I'll get my tax return. Is it January yet?????



Looks like I'll be on my Ramen Noodle - Beenie Weenie - PB&J diet for a few more weeks !! But, there is light at the end of the tunnel. It looks good for the job in Darlington, so a steady income flow should be returning soon. That reminds me - I need to pray again. Only two days til Christmas, so get that last minute gift ASAP !!

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it will get better

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yep. Just skrimping and waiting it out....

Anonymous said...

Poor form for whoever gave you the new wallet! The tradition I'm used to (like tearing the corners off two dollar bills) calls for at least putting a couple of bucks in a new wallet given as a gift.

BTW, Mike, don't skimp on eating the collards and hoppin john on New Years Day... Southern traditions for prosperity.