Monday, December 17, 2007

What If I DID Write a Book?


West Rhino asked me why don't I write a book while I have all the spare time. Well, I'm actually pretty busy working at the shop, so my time is limited. Besides, what would I write about?? Then I thought about it. Here are a few thoughts that came to mind. Any favorites??
Mike Reino: My Life as a Political Child Star
Scuff, Tape and Scuff..... Bodywork Done Easy !!
Jim Clyburn's Unauthorized Biography
The Coffee Table Book of Strip Clubs
I'm Sorry: The Top 1001 Stupid Things I've Said to Women
Mike Reino's Brush with Greatness Book
Das Vydanya: Getting By in the Ukraine on $200 a Day.....
.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Sorry sounds good

Anonymous said...

Moye's thoughts of publishing the blog postings has some merit. Consider it at least as a historical footnote for academics. Creative journaling, like Dave Barry or Jeff Foxworthy are established genres, ditto first person narrative, though you'd not have the placement Gordon Liddy had, right next to Traci Lords.

Actaully the notion of authoring a book comes from two authors, Pete Saussy and Andy Andrews. Pete compiled a dictionary during a period of unemployment, _The_Oxter_English_Dictionary_ (_Uncommon_Words_Used_By_Uncommonly_Good_Authors_). Andy compiled _Storms_of_Perfection_, which has seen the publication of at least four volumes of letters that are answers to an original solicitation of an instance in their past when that person failed on their way up to the successes they have attained.

This is prone to be a longer term project, since you're not Hilary or Algore, a $10M advance and a ghost writer aren't likely to be on the horizon.

Anonymous said...

i seen a couple of ghost do not know if they wrote or not

Anonymous said...

Having seen him in person, I have my doubts that Gore really wrote some things he's been paid for. Greatest hint of a writing ghost was Hilary half admitting that she hadn't read what she "had written".