Sunday, December 02, 2007

My Biggest Regret..... Letting My Camry Go.


This is my old 98 Camry that I sold a year ago. I took this picture today, and even though the right quarterpanel is messed up, I really miss that car - or at least I miss the fact that it was paid off.
I sold it last year because I had it for 7 years, and my brother convinced me that I'd never get a date again owning that car. I also wanted to have some extra cash for the trip to Europe, so I sold it to a friend of Joe's for only $3000. Joe told me she worked at the Kangaroo station, but I thought he meant the one on the East side of town, near his house. Unfortunately, she works at the Kangaroo right behind my house.
Yes, I have to drive past my old car almost daily and think about the $500 a month I'd be saving. It's kinda like dumping your perfectly fine girlfriend, only to find out that she's now Miss America, and her face is on a billboard in your backyard. The girl raved about how flawlessly the car has run since she got it. Salt into the open wound.
We sometimes regret the decisions we make, and this is one of them - at least right now. Maybe a couple of months from now, everything will work out and I won't care. I love my Avalon, but the common sense of having a 4 mile commute did not neccessitate buying a new car. C'est la vie.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy a buick