Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ahh..... Dreaded Childhood Memories !!

Boy Scout Camp.. Jason's Out There Somewhere. Ch-Ch-Ch !!!









It's Wednesday, which means band practice, but we don't take days off here at SC6, so we're giving you a short post. I was on mapquest today, and I ended up locating my old Summer Camp when I was a Boy Scout. Sure enough, Camp Wakpominee is still in business every summer, still keeping the Boy Scouts entertained....










I liked going to camp evry summer during those years, but that friggin' lake scared the crap out of me. It looks just like Camp Crystal Lake from Friday the 13th.... And this was in the early 80 remember... Ch-Ch-Ch, Ha-Ha-Ha - Jason's popping out of the lake !! I decided to not go for my Mile Swim because I had the cross the lake a couple times - where "The Kid Drowned"... Pass !! Anyway, here's a couple pics of Camp Wakpominee - where Jason lies in waiting....












Canoeing, Rowing, even Sailing - they have it all...




The view from the pool deck, where you can swim with the walleye, muskies , pike and other sharptoothed fish!!





.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my is about getting a cottage at Lords Point, Stonington CT. We did this for two weeks in July. All our cousins would come. We would went claming, crabing, fishing, lots of other fun stuff.