Sunday, December 21, 2008

What Happened To My Top Chef ?

One of My Favorite Shows Goes Soft This Week...

How does Bobby know I'm gay? Because I watch 'Top Chef' on Bravo... Actually, I think I love that show. If that makes me gay, so be it. Truth be known, i think watching anything on Bravo might qualify you to be gay. But, 'Top Chef' may it the straightest show on the channel.

If you haven't watched it, 'Top Chef' is a competitive cooking show, where they get 16 Chefs from across America to show their skills. I like watching them make stuff that I'll never eat. After yesterday's episode, I immediately went to Zaxby's for a chicken fix. At the end, they eliminate one of the chefs with the trademark 'Pack up your knives and go.' Pretty harsh....

Yesterday, they made food for a benefit for AmFAR, the AIDS organization. The theme for Christmas was 'The 12 Days of Christmas'. Some got it, some didn't. But the overall opinion was that the food kinda sucked.. they gathered the three weakest chefs at the end to cut one - then didn't cut anyone, because it was Christmas ! WTF ??!!!!

Not cutting a contestant on Top Chef is like going to an execution, and no one dies.... I feel like they stole an hour of my life from me. If I'm gonna watch, someone better be going home. Especially since they could have easily cut half of them yesterday. Next week, thye better get back to form and cut two of them. Party's over ...

.

16 comments:

pluvlaw said...

This season has been a bit disappointing for me, as there isn't really any one chef I like. Truth be told, no one really strikes me as that great.

However, I have to admit, Danny and his "surprise mushrooms" did give us the most retarded Top Chef contestant ever. And his idiotic "standing behind his dish" when the judges spent 5 minutes blasting it was a textbook example of how conceited some of these morons are.

Hey dipshit, when all the judges say your shit was bland, a "perhaps I should have seasoned it more" would come in handy. Afterall, food is meant to be eaten by people, so you should...I don't know...consider what people think in your preparation of it.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'm sorry, P-Luv. You did post on Top Chef a couple weeks ago. Guess it is a hetero male Hidden Pleasure. Rick at work watches it too.

Standing behind the crappy dish seems to be the strategy this year. Personally, if Colicchio said my dish sucked, I'd ask for his suggestions - good kiss ass move too.

pluvlaw said...

BTW, if McDonalds can get sued for making us all overweight, maybe I should bring a class action against Bravo and Food Network. Von and I are always watching their stuff at night, then getting "inspired" to get out of bed and cook something.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Know any good attorneys ??

Anonymous said...

u watch to much tv man

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I'm doing it right now, buddy. Football!!!

Anonymous said...

It's like watching Hell's Kitchen and not having anyone eliminated! Chef Ramses is tough.
What game are you watching?

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I don't like Hell's Kitchen - that guy is an a-hole. He's too mean. If I worked for him, I'd probably poop in his soup.


Steelers-Titans. All of my friends seem to be from Pa.

Anonymous said...

Go Steelers!

Anonymous said...

Top Chef is a great show but this season is lacking something. I dont really like they had Martha stewart on the show right after she was on The Next Food Network Star last season. I dont know if there is to much Padma or if Colicchio needs to get meaner but the show is just off this season

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome that you like top chef! I watch it all the time. Sorry I've been away for awhile...since I didn't have to write papers, I stayed away from the computer. I got A's and B's this semester so I'm super proud of myself because that hasn't happened...ever! Hope you have a good Christmas!

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Congrats, Princess! I'm glad to see that all of my sacrifice paid off - Oh, and yours too. ;) Very, very proud of you..You have a great Christmas as well, and keep in touch.


Wil,
Maybe the show's getting a bit stale. It happens. Perhaps Padma can get naked on the show. If that happens, they are definitely jumping the shark.. Did you know she was married to Salman Rushdie? I had no idea..

Anonymous said...

ya know how I know Wil is gay???

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Is it that little Philipino Boy he recently hired as his "On Air Sidekick'?....

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late commenting on this but...I am too a big fan of TOP CHEF! I have learned alot about food and dishes. We're italian brother...having no interest in food or cooking would give good reason to be sent to the nut house.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Cooking and Landscaping - that's what Italians do !!!