Saturday, December 13, 2008

These May Be The Last Words You'll Hear From Me For a While.....

It's Time to Take a Break From This ....

Yeah, this is one of those late night, just got back from the club posts where I vent my frustrations out... I only had one beer, so it can't be that I'm drunk. This leads me to conclude that what i'm thinking right now are my actual feelings. I know once I was going to quit the blog - for a bad reason, but it's what I thought was best at the time. This time, it's what i genuinely feel the need to do. I'm taking some time off from SC6.....

How long? I don't know. It could be just a couple days before I get my enjoyment back to do this. It could be a lot longer. The fact is that this is feeling way too much work lately - work that I am not getting any love from.. Maybe it's because its the holidays, maybe it's because the election is over, but like a lot of things that I've spent my free time on lately, I'm making an effort to entretain, and it's falling on deaf ears.

Maybe I've lost my touch a bit. It's not like I don't have anything to talk about. There's a stack of articles a foot high on my dresser to chat about, but I have no motivation or real desire to blog about them. I get on the laptop, and a dull haze fills my head. In short, i don't give a shit - and maybe it's showing in my work. If that's why some of you guys aren't commenting anymore, I'm sorry. We had a nice run going, but it's gotten real quiet around here, and no one likes to yell into the canyon, and hear no echo........

SC6 has become this beast that has taken over all of my free time, and it's time to get that part of my life back. Every day after working ten to eleven hours, I spend another 2-3 doing trying to squeeze 2-3 decent posts out every night. That's not a life, it's a sentence. I finally have my job straightened out like it used to be, now it's time to enjoy myself again. I deserve it. For three years this Wednesday, I've busted my hump on this blog. 1724 posts - you do the math..

I'm sorry, but I need a break. Bad...

.

5 comments:

pluvlaw said...

It does get a little tiring, especially with the election over. But what the hell...just wait until something grabs your fancy and post. It ain't like its a job. And even if it were, screw it, your the boss!

Take that Tony Danza.

And what are you doing coming home from the club at 11? There hasn't even been time for more than one showtime. Those golf towels make good christmas presents for mom.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

I have a tendency to view thing that aren't work as obligations to everyone. I don't know how many days in a row that i've posted, but it's probably in the months..

As for home at 11, Deader Than Dead was the operative term last night. They didn't even have a Showtime last night, but I don't go in the back anymore. It's hard to be friends with people when they're dancing on you lap...

Besides, I have enough t-shirts and caps to field my own baseball team!

Anonymous said...

Well Mike I hope you will post some most of them were very interesting it certainly gave me something to do from different parts of the world. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

When it stops being fun, there's little point in it. Take a break and post as your muse amuses.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Rhino, I had a Muse, but even the Muse isn't keeping in touch lately...