Saturday, December 06, 2008

Should You Take Dating Advice From a 9 Yr. Old?

Ellen DeGeneres Gets Some Pointers On Picking Up Girls.

Forty years old, and I find out that there are nine-year olds who know more about talking to girls than I do. Seriously, I generally clam up when I see a girl I like - ask Bobby. Luckily, there is Alec Greven to help me. Alec is a 4th grader at Soaring Hawk Elementary School is Castle Rock, Colorado. What a cool name for a school - it sounds super badass, doesn't it?





Anyway, Alec wrote his book, "How to Talk to Girls" for a writing assignment, which then they started selling at the school Book Fair. It then got published, and now Alec tours the country, giving his wisdom to school boys. Picture this kid in English class.... "Don't talk to me about writing - I'm a freakin' published author, Lady !!"






As silly as this all sounds, he does give some sound advice: Be casual, yet confident. Don't fall in love too much, and stay away from pretty girls. Classic! Soemhow , he forgot my brother's advice..... treat 'em like shit, and they're yours forever. Guess that comes in the next book....






So, what will become of Alec? Well, I see him in high school, sitting against the brick wall with 50 guys surrounding him, getting dating wisdom from him like the Dalai Lama.. Eventually, see him here.....





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjN8X7tgpUE



.

No comments: