Thursday, December 11, 2008

OK, Who Sent Me the Steam Buddy ??

Time For Another Strange But True Story....

Today was a pretty good day. BONUS TIME, BABY !!! Old Mikey did pretty good last month, and all the bills are paid up to date.... But, I did have one thing happen today that I haven't been able to figure out. And it involves Billy Mays - as usual.....

I go to the PO Box to pick up my mail, and the box is full, and there's a key in it, which means I have something too big for the box. I open the box, and there's a plastic package addressed to me, so I open it, and it's a Steam Buddy. It's some goofy portable steamer to get wrinkes out of you clothes. It's already paid for, and it's in my name. My first thought is that I've just become a victim of credit card fraud - but they sent it to me anyway??

Naturally, my first impulse was to call my credit card companies and check for charges - there are none. It was shipped ten days ago, so it's been paid. By the way, who would pay $56.40 for this piece of shit? So far, not me, but who knows?

Maybe someone's trying to tell me that a good iron would do me some justice. Could be true... I'm pretty lazy with the laundry - I usually try to grab the shirts right out of the dryeer so I can avoid ironing. C'mon, we all do that - don't we? Right now, i'm just waiting for Customer Service at Steam Buddy to open tomorrow, so I can find out who bought this P.O.S.

Like I always said - don't trust anything that Billy Mays sells !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFpIQPxxaGA

.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy Mays here...sorry, wrong address.

earlcapps said...

I think he must've spilled some of that orange stuff on his keyboard and misttyped the address.

That guy has to be on some heavy-duty drugs, has some serious issues, or both.

Anonymous said...

Hey its free POS!!! DOn't think our father mindlessly got jazzed about the product and placed an order for you, do you? : )

Thoroughbred 401k said...

The mystery has ben solved, and it WAS dad, but he didn't order it for me.

Seems he ordered one, then canceled when he heard it was a piece of crap, but somehow it got sent to me. Now I have to return it. Anyone have some extra packing tape??

Anonymous said...

LOL....ah yes the annual POS gift from dad! Just call me Agent Starling the next time a mystery package shows up at your door. AT least he got YOUR address right. My POS was sent next day (why, I dont know)and took 2 weeks to get here it got sent to some woman on the other side of town because he mess up the address.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, but he didn't order it for me, and he doesn't know my PO Box, or home address for that matter. So, why did I get it?