Monday, December 22, 2008

Matt Schaub, You Suck !!



My Fantasy Football Brilliance Is Undone By One Sucky QB...






I'm writing this as I get ready for bed, and I hope it doesn't make print, but I doubt it won't. It appears that my triumphant return to fantasy football, where I went 11-4 and took first place in the regular season, is about to end. Not that it was a surprise, but how I lost is....





I was playing that genius of FF, the incomparable Ed Palmer. Ed's lineup is unbelievable, and I'm have no idea how he only ended up at 7-8, just barely making the last playoff spot. Ed's been on fire lately, averaging 150 points plus a game lately, where I've been lucky to get 110. it looked like a big time asswhooping was coming this weekend.






However, never being one to go down without a fight, I made some moves this week to do my best. A receiver here, a running back there. And for the most part, I made all the right moves - just like Tom Cruise. But what to do at QB?





Quarterback is by far the most important position in fantasy football. A good running back or wide receiver gets maybe 15 points - good QB gets 40-50. I've been ridign Kurt Warner and Jay Cutler all year with good results. but Warner was playing in New England in a foot of snow, and Cutler was throwing in bad weather too, so i decided to pick up a QB . I thought about Chad Pennington against KC, but it was 8 degrees there. He ended up throwing 3 TD's.





Nope, instead I took Matt Schaub of Houston against Oakland. He started a bit slow, but he got better. However, he couldn't put the damned ball in the end zone, and then absolutely SUCKED in the 4th quarter, going 2-10 and throwing an interception, which turned a 40 point lead into a 27 point lead, with Ed having his QB Aaron Rodgers of Green Bay playing tonight. Rodgers has 2 TD's and 26 points at halftime....





No, i'm not a coach you'd want to play for. If my guys suck, they suck. Yeah, it was a good season. After two years out of the game, i showed my skills in putting together a team that was always tough to beat, even if we couldn't score. Congrats, Ed - I thought I had you for a couple hours there !! We'll be back next year....I managed to stay up to watch me lose 131.00-129.35. boo-hoo !










.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I missed the Patriots again! I cannot keep up with them!

Anonymous said...

that's because they SUCK Liz! Go Steelers!!!

Anonymous said...

That's because Tom Brady is not playing. Yeah, I like the Steelers too!

pluvlaw said...

I was #1 in my league this year. Dominated, ahead of any other team by 200 pts at the end of the season. Enjoyed my first round bye, then promptly had all my guys stay in Mexico on the bye week and not show up last week for the semis.

But at least I could still pull out the 3rd place game and win a significant amount of "glory." I only needed 3 pts from Devin Hester to win and I got 1. Not to mention, if that damn LT had not false started right after Hester's trap-catch, I would have "tied" and probably won on the tie breaker of TDs. But he moved, the catch was reviewed and I am now stuck with no "glory."

Crappy ending to Wolf Blitzer's Lap's season.