Monday, December 08, 2008

Obama Promises to Quit Smoking - Cigarettes...

Personally, I Preferred Lay's Potato Chips in My Heyday....

We blogged about this during the campaign, but Barack Obama's dirty little secret - and an unhealthy one at that - has come up again. In an interview with Tom Brokaw on Sunday, he was lambasted by the mumbly Brokaw for not having quit smoking.

Most of you may not be aware of this, but smoking is not allowed in the White House. Seriously, even the President of the United States can't smoke in what is basically his own residence!! Imagine not being able to smoke at home.... Ridiculous, but technically, it IS owned by the citizens of the US, so you need to make sure he doesn't get all the drapes all stinky.

Now, the big question needs to be asked - is is that important that Obama quit smoking? We try to make our leaders to be these marbleized icons of perfection, but the truth is that most of them are flawed. I can't think of one in the past 50 years that didn't have some flaw in one way or another. So, Obama likes to light up a cigarette like he's hiding behind the wall in gym class back in high school once in a while. I don't smoke, but I don't assassinate those who do. I have my flaws, Obama has his...

Now, smoking is not good for you, and it does set a bad example for his own kids, and those across America who look up to him, but I'm an adult. All I'm concerned about is if he can effectively run the country. If he can do that and smoke or drink a beer here or there, who cares? There's only one thing I don't want my President to EVER DO - and that's sing Karaoke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcc8dTqflh8

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i bet he smokes newport menthol 100,s like my friends in the alley in greeleyville and he may drink aristocrat vodka.