Saturday, September 12, 2009

Florence Honors It's Patriots ...




Today was a pretty long day. Between the Patriot Parade and the Tea Party, I spent a good 4 hours in the sun, taking pictures of both events. The parade has only been going on for a few years, but it's starting to get a little traction. There were ROTC and veterans groups from all over the area, and even from Charlotte, and the Marine Corps Band as well. I'm a bit surprised that the local businesses haven't embraced the event yet, but maybe next year they'll catch on. As far as politics, they used to not allow them, but that's changed, although the only attendees were Mayor Stephen Wukela, who wisely advised me to stay out of trouble (which is impossible), and County Treasurer Dean Fowler, who no longer wastes his time advising me to stay out of trouble...Here's a few pics...







Joliet Jake is out of prison, and hanging on Irby St...





The US Marine Corps Band concludes it's march...







The most patriotic, and perhaps most famous car in Flotown...






Hey, how come the clowns can do 360's on Irby St., but if I do it, I get ticketed ???





It ain't a parade unless you have a guy driving a John Deere tractor !!






Our next generation of Patriots ...







The Bus says it all ......
.

2 comments:

pluvlaw said...

I think that was his way of telling you not to hang out with me.

mg said...

I like.