Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Getting to Know Your Blogger-Propagandist ..

No, That's Not My Lotus in the Picture .....

Maybe SC6 isn't a special blog. I'll be the first to admit, I'm no political genius. I'm a schmuck just giving his opinions on stuff, and I try to make it entertaining. Sometimes I'm wrong, most of the time I'm right. But what makes this blog different is, I think, is we have a heart. We don't try to build ourselves up into some stone-hard blown out of proportion to our actual importance of a blog. We just try to have fun, and we don't mind letting you just a little into our life....

Here's a small snippet of it today... I took a short drive to Port Jefferson. It's a small port town, straight out of Amity Island from 'Jaws' - old guys sitting at the Marina, ferries to Connecticut, and tons of seafood restaurants and gift shops. We'll be trying to give some examples for Flotown to emulate to develop the downtown shopping district, but that's for another day - maybe tomorrow.

This is a small bit of nostalgia for me. This is the Village Way Restaurant , right in the middle of town. About 20 years ago - if not more - I took my first real crush, Laura Mackenzie, on a date. I can't tell you what I ate, only that I borrowed my brother's MR2, because it was really cool . It's still open, and except for some renovations, it looks the same....I do remember that it cost $31, pretty pricey for a college kid making $7 an hour on his Summer Job....

I lost touch with Laura after college, but I think she went to Med School ... Yeah, I can pick 'em. And no, I didn't get lucky.......

.

3 comments:

ExNYer said...

I've enjoyed reading your accounts about your LI trip. I know exactly where you are talking about in "Port Jeff". I've got an aunt and uncle and cousins who live in Miller Place. When I moved to SC in the early 90's I don't think many of my NY relatives thought that we even had running water. To this day you can't get some of them to come to SC unless it's just passing thru on I-95 to Florida...

Enjoy your trip.

Bobby said...

I drove a yellow Lotus like that last week. Almost needed a can opener to get me out of it. Plus my feet were too big for the pedals.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Maybe if you had normal size feet, instead of those Size 13 gunboats, it'd be easier, Bigfoot!