Thursday, September 03, 2009

Thank God for Football !!!


Are You Ready For Some Football ???
After a long Spring and Summer, Autumn is finally here, and that means every Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights, guys - and the really cool girls - will be MIA until late January. It IS a beautiful time of year....
Tonight, it all starts with South Carolina taking on NC State. No doubt, I will be rooting for the Gamecocks. I got turned down by NC State, and I ended up at East Carolina. We promptly kicked the sit out of NCSU, so they dropped us from their schedule for 15 years - losers! I think it will be a lot like last year's game - a crappy first half, with each time trying to figure out themselves. Gamecocks 20-13.
Also, I just got my fantasy football draft team. I won the title in my second season, then took a couple years off. Last year, I returned as DustingOffMyLombardi, and got knocked out in the first round. So, I changed the name to just DustyLombardi this year.... Here is my team: Aaron Rodgers, Randy Moss, Brian Westbrook, Dallas Clark, Anquan Boldin, Anthony Gonzalez, Fred Jackson/Marshawn Lynch, Willis McGahee, Ahmad Bradshaw, Michael Jenkins, Joe Flacco, Sidney Rice, Brandon Pettigrew. It's a 12 team league, so the second stringers will be kinda tough. I'd like a third QB, so we'll figure that out....
Anyway, between football and cooler weather, September is one of my favorite months. Whoever your favorite team is, we wish the best of luck to you - but the Giants rule...
.

3 comments:

pluvlaw said...

I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty. We'll take it.

Anonymous said...

Mike-it is great to know that you will be replacing Lenord's Losers. In the meantime Carolina goes undefeated and whips the other USC for the National title and my Dolphins roll over your NY midgets in route to another Superbowl.
Yep, I am back on my meds again (LOL)...teg

Thoroughbred 401k said...

You must be... Carolina did not look great last night. I have a feeling that Georgia is going to put a thumping on them next week..