Friday, September 25, 2009

Hey Scotland, This Is How It's Done...


I'm going to be a bit of a prick on this one. Occassionally, I am entitled to be an unsympathetic hardass. Today, word is that Manson Family member Susan Atkins , who was referred to as 'Sexy Sadie' by Charles Manson, passed away at Chowchilla State Prison in California yesterday, after battling brain cancer. She was 61. She was denied parole less than a month ago, despite being terminally ill, and having a leg amputated. Even her former prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi had asked for parole, but it was denied. I may sound like a scumbag here, but good.




For once, the parole board listened to the victims. Atkins admitted to being the one who stabbed Sharon Tate. When you tell an 8 month pregnant woman "Listen Bitch, I don't care about you or your baby", that statement will resonate forever. Tate's sister hasn't forgotten. Like she told the parole board, if it wasn't for Susan Atkins, she would have a 40 year old nephew today....




I do believe that people can repent for their crimes. There's a good chance that God has forgiven her for her sins, and maybe she can apologize to Tate up there. Many people are worthy of being paroled, and leading constructive lives again. But some people commit crimes that are so terrible, they must be locked up until they die. The Manson family is one, and the guy who was released last month for the PanAm 103 bombing was as well.... I imagine Sharon Tate's sister feels a bit more like justice was done than the families of the 270 victims in Lockerbie....

.

3 comments:

mg said...

I think most of them claim to be born again except Manson

earlcapps said...

I'm not offended.

Thoroughbred 401k said...

Yeah, Moye. I read on MSN that they've all found God, or are MIA...